Categories allow administrators to organize the people in their company account, unlike Groups which are custom collections of courses.
Categories are used to organize users into manageable, searchable collections. Click Safety allows the creations of 10 categories, each with up to 100 options.
For example, the category may be “Location” with options “New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston”
Or category “Job Title” with options “Foreman, Manager, Owner, Field Technician” Etc.
Categories can be used to focus search results.
Ex: search for all users in “west coast office” category with a “never started” status in the “New Hire Training” course group.
They can also be used to limit the people that certain admins have access to. For example, Admin John Smith is set to only see users categorized under the “Chicago” location.
To add/edit categories
1. in your admin account, select SETUP (Note: This option is only available to the two Master Admins on the account)
2. click "category summary"
3. Click edit next to 'Job title'
4. Select the number of titles you want to add to the existing list and click 'go'
- Enter the names of the new job titles, then click "next"
Note: the system will ignore any entries left blank.
Once added, click "Return" to get back to the main category page.
To assign a user to one of these categories:
1. For existing users, you can search by name, status or group assignment to bring them up in the search list. (note: users being created for the first time can now be categorized during setup)
2. Search for users by name, status or course group assignment
- Check the box next to the names of any users you want to categorize
- Locate the ‘select action’ drop list and choose ‘Categorize’
- Choose the category you want the selected users to be assigned to and submit.
The search tool on your Admin Dashboard will now have a categories option that will allow you to narrow your search results.